Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's the Spanish word for blog?

For starters, this post will likely ramble. My apologies.

So today is the second day we've been in Sullana, and the first day we've actually been working with the Nationals and evangelizing. I was here last year, but I have to keep telling myself, things will not be the same. Today my team partner, Pat Shelton, and I were picked up by our pastor Enrique. About 30 minutes away from our hotel is a small villiage called Namara. We met in a person's home to go over how to use the EvangeCube and then we went out for a prayer walk. We walked through the villiage and Enrique explained to us many of the specific issues that we needed to pray for.

After that we were able to begin door to door evangelism. Our nationals didn't have a church service the way we think of them, and so we started with the discipleship meetings early. Again, I have been/will be working with the children, who were not to keen on my "creation stroy" version of duck duck goose (Instead of saying "goose" you say any animal you want, and must run around the circle pretending to be that animal). Now, whether they were just too shy around the random white guy they'd never met, or didn't fully understand the nature of the game, I don't know, but it was funny to see their faces as I ran around the circle making monkey noises as the example.

I'm very excited to be working with the same translator, Maria, this year as last. God has made it clear that this week is going to be a big deal, and so far I've been very encouraged by the people I'm working with. I don't know what to expect from here on out, but I know it will be so incredible.

-Sam "One-Wheel" O'Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment